Technological and Information Resources Use Agreement
I understand that for the purpose(s) of performing my work and/or
pursuing my education at Boston College, I am provided access to
computers, computer networks, data and other University technological
and information resources. I agree to use these resources in an
ethical manner, and to adhere to high moral, legal and professional
- I will not attempt to access password-protected systems for
which I do not have an assigned password.
- I will not share my PASSWORD(S) or PIN with anyone. I understand
that I am responsible for all actions performed on my account and I
will take the precautions necessary to prevent its unauthorized use.
- I will not attempt to access personal or confidential information
unless authorized to do so. I will respect the privacy rights of
others, I will not disclose confidential information without the
permission of the owner, and I will use data for legitimate academic and administrative purposes only.
- I will not impersonate other individuals or misrepresent myself
in any way when using University technological resources.
- I will not use computers, computer networks, data and other
University technological and information resources to
threaten, defame, offend, or otherwise cause harm or damage to another
person, institution, or company within or outside the Boston College
- I will not use University technological resources to create or
send nuisance, harassing, or obscene materials or messages. I
understand that communications from members of the University community
are to reflect mutual respect, civility, and other moral standards,
and that the use of obscene or intolerant language, and the use
of similarly offensive graphic or video images, clearly violate these
standards and are considered inappropriate for electronic and all
other forms of University discourse.
- I will comply with the copyright laws and provisions of the
licensing agreements that apply to software, printed and electronic
materials, graphics, multimedia and all other technological resources
licensed and/or purchased by the University or accessible over
network resources provided by the University.
- I will not create, install, or disseminate software
(e.g., viruses, Trojan horses) or communications (e.g.,
chain letters, broadcast messages) that may disrupt, overcrowd,
or otherwise harm or degrade University technological and
- I will comply with Boston College policy
1-100-025, Professional Standards and Business Conduct -- Use of University Technological and Information Resources.